Tuesday, 16 April 2013

book mock up

I’ve bound my most recent mock up into a mock cover to see how the paper from the shop is to glue and bind with. On the back the paper has crease along the horizontal channels. and at first the front had some big air pockets, but these managed to dry flat. I’ve not bound anything with the spine before so it was guess work. It fits nicely round the body, but if I had stuck the front page down as end paper like I’ve done with the back page it wouldn’t sit flat when open - this is where knowing how to do spines is important. I found with a very shoddy mock up I did a couple of days ago that having a narrower spine was much more comfortable than having a big one.

I like the green and brown - I will have to try having the brown as a spread of front and back end papers and binding this to a cover in a mort traditional way.

No comments: